In 2016, after almost a year of flailing around recording podcasts about whatever dumb thing came to mind, Zach and Callie came up with a brilliant idea: Recording podcasts about one very specific dumb thing, that being the four individual autobiographies by the original lineup of KISS. Once our KISS podcasts had generated some modest notoriety on YouTube, we knew we had a winning formula; but, because we’re us, we decided not to fully capitalize on that formula until five years later.
Now, at last, we’re proud to announce Headbangers Book Club: a spinoff podcast where we make fun of hard rock history, one trashy paperback at a time. Every month, we choose a different rock bio, read it, and discuss it. And if you read along with us (which we encourage!), we’ll read your questions and comments on the air.
You can subscribe to Headbangers Book Club on the podcast service of your choice using the links below:
The Reading List
- Gene Simmons: Kiss and Make-Up (September 2016)
- Ace Frehley: No Regrets (November 2016)
- Peter Criss: Makeup to Breakup (February 2017)
- Paul Stanley: Face the Music (April 2017)
- Rick James: Confessions of Rick James – Memoirs of a Superfreak and Glow (June 2017)
- David Lee Roth: Crazy from the Heat (July 2018)
- Mark Paytress: Bolan – The Rise and Fall of a 20th Century Superstar (September 2018)
- Mötley Crüe: The Dirt (March 2019)
- Bonus Episode: The Dirt Movie (March 2019)
- George Clinton: Brothas Be, Yo Like George, Ain’t That Funkin’ Kinda Hard on You? (October 2019)
- Stephen Davis: Hammer of the Gods and Richard Cole: Stairway to Heaven (February 2022)
- Sebastian Bach: 18 and Life on Skid Row Parts 1 and 2 (March/April 2022)
- Meat Loaf: To Hell and Back (May 2022)
- Morris Day: On Time – A Princely Life in Funk Parts 1 and 2 (June/July 2022)
- Coming in August 2022 – Pamela Des Barres: I’m with the Band – Confessions of a Groupie
You can support Headbangers Book Club by purchasing any of the official selections currently in print (or any other book) from our Bookshop.org store!